Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mask

Dedicated to Everybody's Fool. Goodbye and good riddance.

Italics: Chorus

Bold: Bridge
Plain Text: Verse

She is personified perfection
She's nothing like us wretched sinners; she's just so high above me
But she has been giving me this strange impression that
This brilliant image is just perfect acting, and now it seems that

She puts on the face that shows no flaws
An artificial inspiration from which madness draws
But if you tear the mask she wears
You'll wish that she were never there
For if you care she'll cover you in scars
Her image kills the heart


She is personified deception
And all her life is falsified; her livelihood is reputation
She's trying to cover up her own reflection
Piety is vanity, for she's image's incarnation

She puts on the face that shows no flaws
This fabricated beauty which is total madness' cause
Sincerity is insincere
Her hidden visage will strike fear
In all who try to uncover her thoughts
Her mask will shatter hearts


I must admit, at first even I fell for that face
I never saw just how your everything is superficial grace
But my eyes are open now
And I can clearly see just how
Your truth's a lie; you're an authentic fake


You put on the face that won't fool me
The face of what I finally know that you could never be
The image can no longer last
You're nothing but a living mask
Your show is done, behold reality
Revealed for all to see

1 comment:

  1. i thought this was brilliant. the wording was great.

    ReplyDelete