Thursday, March 19, 2009

Backfire

Italics: Chorus
Plain Text: Verse


You walk into the room and steal my gaze
I burn to confess how you capture me, but I just can't speak
It seems my only hope is too be near
Inconspicuous, but soon I find my subtlety's betrayed

You walk into the room and steal my gaze
But I still can't confess how you capture me as silence binds me
Now my only hope is too be near
Inconspicuous, but as usual I find my subtlety's betrayed

Because I scream right through the silence
I shout to you for just one chance to speak
I don't know when to give up, or to just keep pressing on
But I know I can only push you far away


I must admit that I don't get it
When they matter, interactions quickly turn to riddles
If I could only solve this “normal”
Then would I escape these unintentional self-sabotages?

That come from screaming through the silence
Because I just don't know what else to do
So call this my apology or whatever you like
Because I wish it hadn't ended up like this

This constant screaming through the silence
Is nothing but a nuisance to us all
I hope you'll find it in you to forgive a fool like me
Though we both know that's so much more than I deserve

No comments:

Post a Comment