Thursday, January 28, 2010

Habit

Italics: Chorus
Bold: Bridge
Plain Text: Verse

You seem to always catch me
However far or fast I run
As soon as sight distracts me
My reason quickly comes undone
As needles promise rapture
Obsession courses through my veins
I'd so believed she'd captured me
But I'd already been in chains

Now self-destruction has become my expertise
I carry on somehow, still unaware that I'm diseased
Is it love or is it simply lust? I can't see
Not that it matters when in all I do I know she'll run from me


These fortress walls surround me
But in this cell you still won't die
Now your infection's bound me
And solitude can't satisfy
So now I seek another
Whom I can trust within these walls
This longing I've discovered
Will wear me down until I crawl

My self-destructing heart is twisted and depraved
Whatever rationale I had is rotting in the grave
I'm blindly searching, so oblivious to what I crave
So desperate for connection I've become infatuation's slave


As my obsession feeds
Warping my every need
My surface is pristine, but within I bleed incessantly
 

This desperate heart's addiction
My terminal affliction
Is finally clear to me, the root of my waking perdition


My self-destruction is obsession's battle cry
As I discover my sobriety's just one more lie
I can't tell how to stop myself; I only know that I
Must break away before I break in vain pursuit of one more high

No comments:

Post a Comment